Friday 24 June 2016

UBER? Save my day! Bravo & Well Done~


Did you ever use Uber service?? I never thought of using their service until my car broke down early in the morning and worst part is I contact all my friends they all already dead sleeping hahaha~ What a Bad day! 

Next what I do was googling using my mobile phone and tried to call a conventional taxi in Shah Alam area unfortunately they already closed since the incident was happen around 3 am in the morning, therefore fair enough.







At the same time, I remember that there is an application for android call grab a taxi. I straight away go to Play Store to search and install the apps without further due. 




After register myself at Grab apps a I started to set my pick-up location and drop-off destination. The screenshot picture below is only illustration, if you search after it assign a taxi to you, then you need to ride it and this case currently I already safe and sound in my home so I no need to search for it because the Grab system will alerting available taxi around you to take your request. Then, you have to use their services ngee~

I think it is my bad day! no taxi available during that time and it show pop up on my screen that "Sorry, there is no available taxi right now. Please try again later" -__-

I was sooooo stress that time and I already feel so sleepy. I tried 4-5 times no luck. 









While I keep on waiting respond from taxi available in Grab apps, suddenly "UBER" cross my mind! That time I was 50-50 either want to or not since it is logic that no taxi available at that time 3 am to 4 am in the morning. Since, in my head I just want to go home and rest. I push myself go to Play Store and search and install UBER apps. Done registering myself (I easy you can register using your Facebook account and done! no need to fill up so many thing, it will only ask you to key-in you name and mobile number)

Then, started to set my pick-up location and drop-off destination. That time, UBER notify there is one UBER driver available about 8 minutes from my location (in UBER apps one that I realize it highlight on time instead of miles). 



(sources:
 https://www.youtube.com)


On the screen, it will show you the information about the driver (picture, name, car model and car registration number) for security purpose. One that I like about this UBER, security is utmost important to avoid any possibility criminal will happen since both the passenger and the driver need to register the information that you can't fake it. Since, passenger need to register or link their social media to their UBER account and add up payment method (to key-in visa card/ mastercard information). For the driver they need to upload their I/C, driving license and car insurance policy and then take a few day to be verified and become and approved to become a UBER driver. (this information you might able to find in their website)


(sources uber website: https://partners.uber.com/join/)


(sources: http://drive.uber.com/portelizabeth/wp-content/uploads/sites/47/2014/02/PE_Flow2.png)

(sources: https://www.youtube.com)

The UBER driver fetch me on-time maybe the traffic is not there since it is early in the morning haha~ The payment method I choose cash that time since my card unable to be charged for the fare that another bad luck T_T. Surprisingly, my fare only RM 4.91!!!! Soooooooo cheap and I was like SERIOUSLY that CHEAP! hahahaha...... That at least calm down my stress level since so many bad thing happen.



(sources:https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/449be151bb6c58c6846bd121d84ae31157ef2987.jpg)

Just want to highlight, one of the vital requirement to be UBER drive is you need a smartphone that have internet connection so that the apps will guide you exactly the pick-up point and the drop-off destination. The navigation system will assist the UBER driver to know where to pick-up and drop-off.



Alhamdulilah..... I reach my home 'safe' and 'sound' hahaha after so many bad things happen that day. But the interesting part about UBER is the Global Positioning System (GPS) that they use in their application. 



What is Global Positioning System (GPS)? - The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.[1] The system provides critical capabilities to military, civil, and commercial users around the world. The United States government created the system, maintains it, and makes it freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver.
(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System)

The UBER apps will show you where is your UBER driver navigate in real-time (on the screen you will see the car icon moving along the route until he/ she reach you (so interesting and I was so excited to use the apps).
What is Navigation System? - A GPS navigation system is a GPS receiver and audio/video (AV) components designed for a specific purpose such as a car-based or hand-held device or a smartphone app. The global positioning system (GPS) is a 24-satellite navigation system that uses multiple satellite signals to find a receiver’s position on earth. GPS was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). The technology was originally used for military purposes. Since 1980, when GPS technology was made available to the consumer market, it has become common in cars, boats, cell phones, mobile devices and even personal heads-up display (HUD) glasses.

(source: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/GPS-navigation-system)









0 comments:

Post a Comment